Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: I got my supercharger today!!!!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    fastfour: Good luck with the dealer. I hope they know what they are doing. (The big "Acura" sign out front is no indication of that!)

    As for warranty, I did mine myself and JR has not raised any problems when I called for new parts (I'm on JR FPR #3 and JR Manifold #2).

    Enjoy.

    Greg

  2. #12
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    $550 is super cheap. The guy that quoted me that apparently screwed up and quoted me about $300 less but they have to abide by it, according to the general manager. The gave me alot of flack when I brought it in. The blower came in early so I took it in and the said they would start on it the next day.

    When they began working on it they said my MSD box and alarm horn had to move from my firewall and they were going to charge me an extra 6 hours($420) labor. I about crapped my pants and went down to talk to them and said they were high if they thought I would pay for that.

    To make a long story short, they will move the MSD box to make room for the FPR and everything is peachy. Hell, even if they do charge an extra hour of labor for that I am still saving hundreds. I am glad that guy quoted me such a low price by mistake. Thanks Robert!!! biggrin Dumbass!

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Random Technology Cat
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6AL
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert
    Supercharger on the way? It is now!!!!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member blownintegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2000
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was quoted around 800 for my install, hence, I am doing it myself. This is my second car, my Accord is #1 driver, so I can afford to have it apart over the weekend. I'll just baby it, retard the timing until I can drive to Tampa to have it dyno tuned. Keep us posted on your progress.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member smeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Code 10-54 means NO for cops I THINK...either that or YES hahahh

  5. #15
    Inactive Member code10-54's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    fast4: whaz UP!--yeah, yeah, i know what yo azz mean when them acura ba-itches be given ya hell bout this and that if yo ride is tricked wid aftermkt. shitz and yo hoopdee is still under warranty...those f--ks don't want to fix nuttin. five bills is da typical install price up in here from them speedshop flunkies but, i wouldn't trust those monkeys ta change my f--k'n oil! acura don't even wants ta even look at yo P.O.S. if its got an aftmkt. air filter! so ya got over on them..sick as a dawg!--yeahhh. 6hrs. to move an MSD box?--oh f--k'n pleassse, ya can do up a clutch job in that time...what they think ya are?--some kinda stupid ba-itch? f--kers are always try'n to jack peeps outty they $$$. yeah, its 8-10hrs. of labor time for a shadetree f--ker but, i've done up 2 for my homies and it gets faster every time (except for da damn gasket scrape'n!) since ya know what da hell ya doing...and if JR don't be given yo azz some defective P.O.S. parts in the first f--k'n place! good luck, bro!

    blownintegra: whaz UP!--kool ya doing it up yoself...yeah, take yo time and do it up right cuz rush'n it and yo azz will pay in the end! is u put'n in the HO fuel pump too? take some pics of da install and post brutha! good luck, mann...

    peace.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member CHILI's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 1999
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whatever you do make SURE the timing is set correctly. I chose an independent mechanic who didn't do it right (my bad). I pinged for a while without knowing. I'm not mechanically inclined nor do I have a finely tuned ear. I just like to go fast! Anyway I took it to a competent shop and they fixed the timing. Unfortunately one of my cylinders had been damaged and the compression was off. No burning oil at that time. I went ahead to be on the safe side and had it rebuilt for about $700. So be patient and do it right the first time or it may end up costing you a lot more later ($/time/stress/etc...). Good luck!

    ------------------
    '95 JRSC GSR

  7. #17
    Inactive Member blownintegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2000
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not going to romp on it until I get the timing correct. I don't wish to blow the motor up. I'm going to install it retard the timing were I'm safe, drive it 15 miles to the shop and then when it's done, Watch Out!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •